- 24 ounces white chocolate (I used 2 bags of white chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 1 cup chocolate cookies crumbs
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Stove top Method: Place the white chocolate and shortening in the top pan of a double boiler. Heat while stirring until thoroughly melted. Microwave Method: Melt 12 ounces of white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Repeat with the remaining white chocolate and shortening.
- Once the white chocolate is melted stir in ½ cup of the cookie crumbs until just blended. Do not over-stir.
- Spoon the melted chocolate onto the cookie sheet. Then use a spatula to spread it evenly over the cookie sheet.
- Let sit for 2 hours to firm up or put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Break the cookies and cream bark into pieces. Store in a sealed container.