- 6 oz vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2/3 cup finely crushed peppermint candies (24 candies)
- 12 (8 1/2-inch) pretzel rods (from 11-oz package)
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 2-quart saucepan, melt almond bark and shortening over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pour into 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or other shallow dish; carefully set baking dish in hot water to keep almond bark soft. (Do not get any water into almond bark.)
- Sprinkle crushed candy over separate sheet of waxed paper. Dip pretzels into almond bark; allow excess to drip off. Roll in crushed candy. Place on cookie sheet. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.