- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (1 lb) vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- Black confetti candy sprinkles
- Orange jimmies candy sprinkles
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing chocolate icing
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors snowflakes
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- 2Roll half the dough into walnut-size balls, and then flatten slightly on a parchment-lined or ungreased cookie sheet. Roll remaining dough into marble-size balls, and place on cookie sheet; do not flatten these.
- 3Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool about 5 minutes or until cookies are firm enough to be transferred to cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- 4In large microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating at 30-second intervals until it can be stirred smooth. Cover work surface with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place a dot of melted coating on bottom of a small cookie and place it toward one edge of a larger cookie. Spoon coating over entire cookie, allowing some to spill over edge of bottom cookie.
- 6Place two black confetti pieces on small cookie for eyes, and an orange candy sprinkle in center for a carrot nose. Place three black confetti sprinkle “buttons” on the bottom cookie. Alternatively, you can decorate one large cookie in the same manner, to represent a completely melted snowman.
- 7Use the cookie icing to draw on arms. Sprinkle with snowflakes; allow to dry completely.
- 8Store cookies in airtight container.