Cinnamon Sugared Almonds.. for Christmas treats....You'd never believe they were so EASY!Ingredients:
- 3 cups whole almonds, raw
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet or pot combine the sugar, cinnamon and water over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the almonds and stir constantly with a spoon or spatula, coating the almonds with the syrupy mixture.
- Keep stirring until the sugar crystallizes (this takes about 8-10 minutes) and it looks sandy. Don't stop stirring!
- Remove the pan from heat and scoop the almonds onto wax or parchment paper.
- Let the cinnamon almonds cool for a few minutes before serving.