1-½ cup Butter (I Use Unsalted)
2 cups Sugar
4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons Almond Extract
1 teaspoon red gel food coloring
4 cups All-purpose Flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1.In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in 3 eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add in vanilla extract, almond extract, and red gel food coloring, then mix thoroughly.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Slowly (about a cup at a time) add flour to butter mixture and combine. You can use a mixer or not, just depends on how strong you are.
5. I usually just mix ingredients until they are combined, as I have heard that if you over-mix this dough it will get tough.
6. Put dough in some Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out, cut out cookies, and bake for 6-8 minutes.